Primary Care Toolkit for Family Physicians
The College of Family Physicians of Canada
- A descriptive feast but an evaluative famine: systematic review of published articles on primary care computing during 1980-97. BMJ Elizabeth Mitchell & Frank Sullivan. 2001;322:279-282 (3 February), http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/322/7281/279.
- Adoption of Information Technoology in Primary Care Physician Offices in Alberta and denmark, Electronic Healthcare, Denis Protti, Steven Edworthy and Ib Johansen. Healtcare Quarterly; 6(1) 2007: 95-102 Adoption of Information Technology in Primary Care Physician Offices in Alberta and Denmark, Part 1: Historical, Technical and Cultural Forces
- Chronic Disease Management, A Smart Solution to a Serious Problem. Gilbert J. Ontario Hospital Association Hospital. Spring 2004, http://www.oha.com/Client/OHA/OHA_LP4W_LND_WebStation.nsf/page/
- Comparisons of Models of Primary Healthcare in Ontario. SCO Health Service, W Hogg. http://www.bruyere.org/bins/content_page.asp?cid=12-11322&lang=1.
- Computerization and Going Paperless in Canadian PrimaryCare. Nicola T. Shaw, published by Radcliffe Publishing, 2004.
- Effects of Computer-Based Clinical Decision Support Systems on Physician Performance and Patient Outcomes. JAMA, Hunt, et al. 1998; 280:1339-1346. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9794315
- Electronic Health Records: A Medical Liability Perspective
- EMR Vendor Checklist, Vancouver Coastal Health, EMR Vendor Checklist
- Guiding Facilitation in the Canadian Context: Department of Health and Community Services, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, J Barrett, S Turner, Chapter 10: Health Information and Communication
- Guiding Principles for Physician Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Adoption in Abulatory Clinical Practice http://www.cma.ca/index.cfm/ci_id/8389/la_id/1.htm
- Implementing electronic medical records in primary health care settings. Health Canada, http://www.emrtoolkit.ca/.
- Information Technology and Health Care in Canada: 2008 Status Report http://www.cma.ca/multimedia/CMA/Content_Images/Inside_cma/
- Physician Office System Program, (how to implement information technology in the office), Alberta Medical Association, http://www.posp.ab.ca/
- Selecting an EMR - - Health Canada, EMR Toolkit
a) RFP Template
b) Vendor Test Script
c) Question list for vendors
- Using IT to Make Primary Care Reform Work for You, Canadian Medical Association B Gamble, website, Future Practice, April 11, 2006, http://www.cma.ca/multimedia/CMA/Content_Images/Inside_cma/
- Electronic Records Handbook: Implementing and using electronic medical records (EMRs) and electronic health records (EHRs). The Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA).
- Data sharing principles for Electronic Medical Record/Electronic Health Record agreements. Prepared by the CMPA in conjunction with CMA, for CMA Health Information Technology Committee.
- Experiences from the forefront of EMR use. Canada Health Infoway. https://www.infoway-inforoute.ca/
- eHealth Observatory to Monitor the Effects of Health Information System Deployment in Canada. University of Victory, M. Price. http://ehealth.uvic.ca/index.php