- An examination of the role of the family practice/primary health care nurses highlights the need for more defined scope of practice and an increase in leadership and support, The Canadian Nurse, June 2007. Family Practice: Primary Health Care Nurses in Nova Scotia
- Are we Underutilizing the Talents of Primary Care Personnel?, Sylvia J Hysong, Richard G Best and Frank I Moore Implementation Science 2007, 2-10 doi:10.1186/1748-5908-2-10,. Are we underutilizing the talents of primary care personnel? A job analytic examination
- Collaborative Care: A Medical Liability Perspective, CMPA March 2007. Collaborative Care: A Medical Liability Perspective
- Health Team Nova Scotia: Building a Better Tomorrow, Diversity and Social Inclusion in Primary Health Care, New Delivery Models, Primary Health Care Information Management Programs
- Getting to Yes, R Fisher, W Ury and B Patton, Houghton Mifflin Books Publisher, January 1991
- Guiding Facilitation in the Canadian Context:, Department of Health and Community Services, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, V Ramsden, C Osborne, S Turner and H White,. Chapter 6: Building Community Capacity
- Guiding Facilitation in the Canadian Contex:, Department of Health and Community Services, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, H White,. Chapter 8: Teams
- Guiding Facilitation in the Canadian Context, Department of Health and Community Services, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, J Barrett, N Dort, H White, Chapter 9: Collaboration and Scope of Practice
- Healthcare Teamwork, TJK Drinka, PG Clark, Auburn House / Greenwood Publishing, September 2000.
- Integrating family Medicine and Pharmacy to Advance primary Care Therapeutics, IMPACT Project Website or Resources for Pharmacists in Primary Care Practice, http://www.impactteam.info/, 2008
- Implementing Family Medicine Groups: The Challenge in the Reorganization of Practice and Interprofessional Collaboration, M-D Beaulieu et al, Physician Sadok Besrour Chair in Family Medicine, Montreal, April 2006,
- Joint Statement on Liability for Nurses and Physicians Working Collaboratively, The Canadian Medical Protective Association and Canadian Nurses Protective Society, March 2005. http://www.cnps.ca/joint_statement/joint_statement_e.html
- Joint Statement on Resolving Ethical Conflicts Between Providers of Healthcare and Persons Receiving Care, developed by the Alberta Provincial Health Ethics Network, statement from the CHA, CMA, CAN and CHAC, June 8, 1998, http://www.phen.ab.ca/pcons/jsrc.asp.
- Nutrition in Primary Health Care: Using a Delphi Process to Design new interdisciplicary Services, Canadian Journal or Dietetic Practice and Research, P Brauer PhD RD, L Dietrich, MEd, RD, B Davidson, MHSc, RD;; Fall 2006; CINAHL (R) -Database of Nursing and Allied Health Literature, Nutrition in Primary Health Care: Using a Delphi Process to Design New Interdisciplinary Services
- Physician – nurse practitioner teams in chronic disease management: the impact on costs, clinical effectiveness, and patients' perception of care, D Litaker, LC Mion, L Planavsky, C Kippes, N Mehta and J Frolkis, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&
- Primary healthcare services provided by nurse practitioners and family physicians in shared practice, D Way, L Jones, B Baskerville and N Busing, http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/reprint/165/9/1210.
- Practice Management, Canadian Medical Association, Health Human Resources management such as Job Descriptions and Performance Management. www.cma.ca (access to CMA members only using Username and Password)
- Team-Based Healthcare Organizations, J Manion, WJ Leander and W Lorimer, Jones and Bartlett Publishers, January 1996.
- Team Performance in Healthcare, GD Heinemann and AM Zeiss, Springer Publishers, January 2002.
- The Team Handbook, Second Edition, PR Scoltes, BL Joiner, and BJ Streibel, Oriel Incorporated Publications, 1998.